Work: 580-442-1968 Home: 941-587-6592
Seeking a professional and challenging management position that values hard work ethics, self discipline, great team work commitment and advancement in company growth.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Over 13 years of work experience with the United States Military.
• Definite abilities in leadership, planning, and organizational decision-making and team building.
• Analytical self-starter with a strong attention to detail and the ability to bring order to chaos.
• Focused and hardworking, able to troubleshoot complex problems and get the job done.
• Scheduled, prepared and coordinated staff meetings, briefings, training, and other functions.
• Counseled, mentored, and coached junior personnel.
• Increased the training strength success over 90% by enrollment in designated schools.
• Adept at managing multiple, diverse tasks simultaneously, work well under pressure.
• Promoted 6 times and received numerous awards for professional performance and dedication.
Transportation Supervisor August 2008 – Present
Florida Army National Guard, Jacksonville, FL
Supervised and managed preventive maintenance checks and services on vehicles. Trains new drivers and manages the Drivers Sustainment Training Program. Trains and directs squad personnel on maintenance of vehicles and convoy operations.
August 2006 – August 2008
U.S. Army, Fort Sill, OK
Supervised and managed daily operations for a Forward Support Company of 150 employees. Coordinated unit movements to various facilities without loss to property or classified items. Prepared training calendars and schedules using military computer software Data Training Management System. Assisted customers by providing proper forms and assistance as needed. Updated and typed reports, rosters, and memorandums daily. Prepared slides for presentations using Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint. Coordinated training events using regulation and publications data base.
Logistics and Transportation Supervisor
August 2005 – August 2006
U.S. Army, Mosul, Iraq
Coordinated and planned 65 convoy logistics patrol movements. Cross trained and instructed 30 students on how to operate new vehicles. Performed regular preventive maintenance on vehicles. Drove various sized trucks in urban and rural communities and over mountainous terrain transporting hazardous material, equipment, parts, perishable items, and personnel. Ordered, tracked, and received mechanical and logistical equipment. Inventoried, inspected, and accounted for high dollar Nuclear Biological and Chemical equipment and classified use.
Heavy Vehicle Driver
October 2004 – August 2005
U.S. Army, Fort Sill, OK
Operated, dispatched and performed preventive monthly checks and services on wheeled and tracked vehicles. Inventoried and accounted for personal equipment. Hauled and handled hazardous equipment safely without incident. Delivered and sorted small arms ammunition. Performed vehicle recovery and operator maintenance and completed accident forms.
Office Assistant (Part Time)
June 1999 – August 2003
Federal Government, Bradenton, FL
Filed and sorted student documents. In processed new student’s enrollment forms. Answered multi- line telephone. Counseled students with veteran benefits and enrollment procedures
Logistic Specialist Supervisor (Part Time)
August 1998 – October 2004
U.S. Army National Guard, Sarasota, FL
Supervised unit and supply operations for 200 individuals. Issued, inventoried, assigned and accounted for equipment. Tracked, inspected, and stored equipment efficiently resulting in easy access to equipment. Responsible for individual, organizational, installation, and expendable/durable supplies and equipment. Supervised unit and supply equipment.
Field Artillery Crewman
August 1995 – August 1998
U.S. Army, Fort Lewis, WA
Served as an ammunition specialist and radio communications operator. Serviced hydraulic, pneumatic and electromechanical systems to maintain vehicles.
• Diploma, Sarasota High School, Sarasota, FL, 1995
• Continuing Education, Communication (60 credit hours), Cameron University, Lawton, OK, 2008
• Certificate Leadership and Management Development Course, Fort Jackson, SC, 2002
• Certificate, Computer Safety Course, U.S. Army, Fort Sill, OK, 2006
• Certificate, Equal Opportunity Course, U.S. Army, Fort Sill, OK, 2004
• Diploma, Motor Transport Operator Course, U.S. Army, Fort Leonard Wood, MO, 2004